FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming Youth Engagement Program in the West Bank and Gaza working with community-based organizations and government institutions. Activities will focus on engaging youth in their communities and building opportunities for dialog between government and constituents.
The DCOP will support the COP in overseeing project implementation and will have provide technical and management leadership. The Deputy Chief of Party will be based in Ramallah and s/he must be willing to travel to other cities as required.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
– Provide technical and management leadership for project activities
– Assist with the management, development and monitoring of project work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions
– Perform other duties assigned by the COP and represents the project in the absence of the COP
– Master’s degree in international development, education, monitoring and evaluation methodologies or a related field required
– Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects
– Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics
– Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan forthe successful implementation of programs required
– Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.