FHI 360 is seeking a Youth Development Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Youth Engagement Program in the West Bank. This project is expected to support Palestinian youth to develop new activities that strengthen youth engagement. Activities are expected to provide opportunities for youth participation, promote safe spaces for young people, and increase developmental assets.
The Youth Development Specialist is responsible for supporting implementation and best practices in capacity building within partner organizations in the areas of youth development and gender. S/he will lead identification of models and approaches that enable positive youth development and gender equity principles to be integrated throughout the Program. S/he will advise, create and, if need be, facilitate training programs and tools to enhance knowledge and performance of partners to enable them to achieve impact with youth, especially young women. Ideally, this person has served in the capacity of a youth development advisor for other youth development programs and youth education and workforce programs in Palestine. S/he should have extensive experience providing direct services to young people, ideally including employability and/or employment outcomes.
– A Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field. An advanced degree is strongly preferred
– At least 10 years of experience in advisory, capacity building roles, including international development, ideally in education and youth development programs
– Experience with direct service provision to youth
– Strong understanding of the principles of positive youth development
– Experience designing and implementing programming focused towards young women
– 5+ years of experience in capacity building
– Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time sensitive and creative manner
– Strong team player, with demonstrated ability to positively motivate team members to success
– Demonstrated understanding of and passion for youth economic empowerment and improvement of livelihoods. Deep appreciation for youth energy, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
– Fluency in Arabic and English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.