Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the Programme “Strengthening of Police Structures in the Palestinian Territories”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to developing the capacity of the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP) as part of an institutional development process of their forces. The objective is as follows: The PCP operates to professional standards. Its approach is citizen-friendly and it acts in accordance with the principles of the rule of law. The police forces ensure security and order while respecting human rights. Strengthening community relations is a central part of their work. To this end, the community policing approach is mainstreamed in the context of structural reform in all police stations of the West Bank. The PCP is further developed to carry out professional, transparent and citizen-oriented policing tasks at the community level.
The GIZ Police Programme is seeking to fill a position of a
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
The Technical Intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
– Assists the PCP team in formulating program-related action plans.
– Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting program activities.
– Assists developing Terms of References for international and national consultants according to the technical and conceptual needs, follows up on deliverables, and monitors the quality of outcomes.
– Assists the programme team in preparing training plans for Palestinian Civil Police (PCP).
– Responsible for note-taking during business meetings.
– Assists the programme team in logistical matters, i.e. arrangements for meetings, workshops, etc.
– Provides translation of documents related to the program (English-Arabic and vice versa).
– Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
– Enrolled student or recent graduate in Political Science, Public Administration, Law or related field.
– Background in project management is a plus.
– Fluent in English and Arabic.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Fast learner and team player
– Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
– Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with people.
Assignment: Starting 15.12.2017 to 28.02.2018
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 04th December 2017.
Kindly state in the email subject “Technical Intern”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.